Vi er et selskap som sterkt tror på langsiktige, bærekraftige forhold og ansvarlig sosial og miljømessig adferd. Vi og våre forretningspartnere har en forpliktelse om at alle interessenter overholder de høye kravene til integritet, ytelse og eksemplarisk oppførsel. Årsaken til og grunnen til at Arom-dekor Kemi har opprettet en oppførselkode (code of conduct) er at vi er overbevist om at bærekraft er en naturlig del av å være et vellykket selskap, og vi streber alltid etter å handle på en etisk, åpen og ansvarlig måte og forventer at våre forretningspartnere gjør det samme.
Arom-dekor Kemi’s Code of Conduct provides our suppliers with guidelines for decisions and how to act. The Code of Conduct is based on our values and on initiatives we have adopted, such as the World Economic Forum’s Partnering Against Corruption Initiative (PACI) and the UN Global Compact. These initiatives set out principles of human rights, working methods, the environment and corruption. Arom-dekor Kemi encourages all its suppliers to establish their own codes of conduct or similar guidelines, provided that the content of this Code of Conduct forsuppliers are at least always followed. Arom-dekor Kemi suppliers must make the content of this Code of Conduct available to all persons and organisations providing goods or services within their own value chain.
Who is covered by Arom Dekor’s Code of Conduct for Suppliers?
This Supplier Code of Conduct applies to all organizations that provide Arom-dekor Kemi AB, Europavägen 1, SE-51291 Sexdrega, Sweden and its group companies with products, personnel or services, including direct and indirect suppliers, service providers, subcontractors, intermediaries and agents, as well as, where applicable, employees of the supplier and its subcontractors and agents. The supplier’s issuance of invoices, the provision of goods, staff or services or the acceptance of Arom-dekor Kemi purchase orders constitute the supplier’s acceptance to comply with the guidelines set out in this code of conduct for suppliers. Suppliers must act on the basis of the procedures and principles set out in Arom-dekor Kemi’s Code of Conduct for Suppliers and show that they are followed in the business.
Arom-dekor Kemi is a company with strong and clear values. Since our business partners have an important role in our business, we expect them to respect and live up to our values as well.
• We are honest with ourselves and our stakeholders
• We do business in a correct and responsible way
• We ensure that our stakeholders can always trust Arom-dekor Kemi
• We value diversity and treat people with respect
• We cooperate, value the opinions of others and stand by our decisions
• We use all our resources with care
• We trust each other, say what we mean and do what we say
• We dare to be forthright and clear
• We stand behind our commitments and strive for high standards in terms of quality, ethics and sustainability
Arom-dekor Kemi strives to achieve long-term business relationships as a basis for creating added value for customers and shareholders as well as safe and developing workplaces. Arom-dekor Kemi respects laws and regulations and requires its business partners to do the same. Arom-dekor Kemi does not accept any corrupt activities, bribery, conflicts of self-interest, fraud, extortion, tax evasion, embezzlement and illegal refunds, and Arom-dekor Kemi ’s suppliers shall comply with applicable competition and antitrust laws and regulations. This means, among other things, not participating in pricing, false bidding or customer allocation. Arom-dekor Kemi does not accept simplification payments in any form.
Arom-dekor Kemi suppliers shall:
• comply with the laws, rules and regulations in force in the jurisdiction in which they operate or where they offer services to Arom-dekor Kemi.
• ensure that all reports, registers and invoices are complete and accurate.
• have zero tolerance for bribery and corruption, such as giving or offering anything of value to a government official or
company representative, including Arom-dekor Kemi Employees, to influence a decision.
• avoid situations that may lead to a conflict of interest in cooperation with Arom-dekor Kemi such as exploiting relationships with a business partner and Arom-dekor Kemi for personal gain.
• conduct a legitimate business where money laundering or illegal payments do not occur.
• respect competition law and not enter into price fixing or market-sharing agreements.
• do not use or disclose sensitive or confidential information regarding Arom-dekor Kemi.
• never disclose personal data, except to employees or partners who have a legitimate business need for the information, and in that case always in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Laws and regulations
Arom-dekor Kemi requires all suppliers to operate in accordance with the principles of the Code and in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Code does not replace legislation and if the two are in conflict, the legislation takes precedence. If the code specifies higher standards than current legislation apply to the reverse.
At Arom-dekor Kemi, we support and respect international conventions on human rights and promote diversity and gender equality. Suppliers or subcontractors shall treat all employees with respect and dignity. Physical punishment or threat thereof, sexual harassment, verbal abuse or abuse of power or any other form of harassment or intimidation is under no circumstances acceptable.
Arom-dekor Kemi suppliers shall:
• promote equal opportunities for all regardless of gender, transgender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, belief, disability or age.
• have zero tolerance for behaviours, statements or jokes that may be perceived by others as offensive or humiliating.
• contribute to a work environment free from hostile, violent, threatening or bullying behaviour.
• not use forced labour, for example by using violence or threats to get a person to work, retaining the identity documents of their employees and ensuring that employees have legal working hours, salaries and benefits that comply with laws and industry standards.
• have zero tolerance for child labour. All statutory restrictions for employees under the age of 18 must be complied with. When recruiting a young employee, the supplier must always check with certainty the age of the potential employee. This
is in accordance with ILO Conventions 138 and 182, as well as the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. A child is
defined as a person under the age of 15, or as an exception, 14 years of age in countries referred to in Article 2(4) of
ILO Convention 138. If national laws set the age of work to be higher than 15 years, the supplier shall adhere to the higher requirements. Suppliers are required to have a plan for annual checks on operations where they ensure that no child labour is carried out. If child labour is detected during the production of goods for Arom-dekor Kemi, the supplier is obliged to
offer a sustainable solution in the best interests of the child. Young workers (under the age of 18) may only be employed in non-hazardous work before they are above the legal age of the country.
• respect the right of workers to organise themselves in any employee organisation and collectively negotiate.
• encourage transparency in the supply chain and take reasonable steps to avoid using raw materials that directly or indirectly finance groups that violate the human rights.
Health and safety at work
At Arom-dekor Kemi, we have a zero vision for workplace accidents and work continuously to make our workplaces as safe and healthy as possible.
Arom-dekor Kemi suppliers shall:
• proactively manage health and safety risks to create an accident-free work environment where occupational injuries and diseases are prevented.
• comply with applicable labour, health and safety laws or international labour standards established by an internationally recognised body, such as the European Commission. ILO, (International Labour Organisation) THE UN’s specialised body for employment and safety at work, depending on the standards that provide the strongest protection.
• ensure that employees have relevant safety training for their work.
• take responsibility for and never overlook workplace safety devices or the need for personal protective equipment.
• report to Arom-dekor Kemi on any health and safety incidents and unsafe working conditions related to Arom-dekor Kemi’s
projects and workplaces.
Salaries and benefits
Suppliers or subcontractors shall pay their employees at least the minimum wage or the current industry standard, whichever is higher. The amount shall be sufficient to cover the basic needs of the worker and their family and to provide additional income. Salaries and overtime premiums and any incentives should be paid directly to the worker on time and in full. Suppliers or subcontractors shall provide their employees with paid sick leave, parental leave, leave annual leave (leave) and statutory holidays by law or according to current industry standards, whichever is higher. Making unreasonable or illegal deductions from salaries or the removal of benefits as a disciplinary measure is not accepted.
At Arom-dekor Kemi, we prioritize suppliers who work proactively and systematically for a sustainable environment. Our goal is to be able to produce sustainable products with a low climate impact that are traceable throughout the supply chain. Arom Dekor also expects our suppliers to have an ambitious program to minimize the negative environmental impact of their business. Suppliers shall comply with applicable environmental legislation and shall ensure that they have all necessary permits, licences and registrations applicable to their activities.
Arom Dekor suppliers shall:
• ensure that resources are used efficiently and minimize the use of harmful substances and focus on climate, energy, materials and waste.
• proactively work to continuously improve their environmental work, as does the development of the products and services they provide.
• give management and Arom-dekor Kemi tips that can lead to innovations with a positive effect on the environment.
Suppliers are obliged to comply with the rules for REACH and the CLP Regulation. If a product supplied to Arom-dekor Kemi contains more than 0,1 % by weight of a substance on the candidate list, the supplier is obliged to provide Arom-dekor Kemi with information to that effect in accordance with REACH, Article 33. https://echa.europa.eu/regulations/reach The CLP Regulation ensures that the hazards presented by the chemicals are clearly communicated to Arom-dekor Kemi through the classification and labelling of chemicals. CLP stands for Classification, Labelling and Packaging. The CLP Regulation entered into force in January 2009, and the method of classifying and labelling chemicals it has introduced is based on the UN Globally Harmonized System (GHS). https://echa.europa.eu/regulations/clp
Compliance and reporting
Arom-dekor Kemi’s general strategy is to encourage improvement. If the supplier is guilty of serious deviations or repeatedly shows an unwillingness to make improvements, this may compromise the supplier’s business relationship with Arom-dekor Kemi. Arom-dekor Kemi wants the supplier to review its subcontractors in the same way that they themselves may be audited. The results of these audits shall be submitted to Arom-dekor Kemi on request. All suppliers are recommended to achieve and maintain certification at the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 14001 Environmental Management System Standards; ISO 9001 Quality standard. Suppliers who have certifications to similar standards or who are working to obtain initial certification must submit alternative certificates to Arom-dekor Kemi. Arom-dekor Kemi has the right to carry out audits at the supplier. The supplier shall then assist Arom-dekor Kemi in establishing compliance with the Arom-dekor Kemi Code of Conduct and all applicable rules and regulations. Arom-dekor Kemi may engage a third party to carry out such an audit, provided that that third party does not engage in activities in competition with the supplier in the contract area. Arom-dekor Kemi will take action against business partners who are found to be in violation of our guidelines, and in the event of minor, repeated or serious violations, either the business relationship will be terminated or other measures will be taken.
Should you or your employees believe that the conditions in the Code of Conduct are not complied with or that Arom-dekor Kemi does not act in accordance with its own Code of Conduct, we encourage you to raise your concerns with Arom-dekor Kemi supplier quality management at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the appendix ”Report of non-compliance”. This feature is open to Arom-dekor Kemi employees, suppliers, business partners and the general public to report any violations of the Arom-dekor Kemi Code of Conduct. All reports and communications on these issues will be treated confidentially
Arom-dekor Kemi suppliers shall
• send a report to Arom-dekor Kemi whistleblower function if an Arom-dekor Kemiemployee, supplier to Arom-dekor Kemi or someone else who represents Arom-decor Kemi violates national laws or the Arom-dekor Kemi Code of Conduct.
• ensure that Arom-dekor Kemi employees or suppliers in connection with investigations are not subjected to reprisals or that their employment is jeopardized, because they have chosen to follow Arom-dekor Kemi Code of Conduct or submitted a report in Arom-dekor Kemi whistleblower function.
If you have questions or want more information about Arom-dekor Kemi Code of Conduct, please contact us at 96 9013 10or email@example.com